Sales & Marketing
King Marketing is focused on representing our manufacturers sales and marketing needs in the Home Improvement, Hardware, Building Materials, and Lawn and Garden sectors. We are committed to be the only viable choice for manufacturers seeking exceptional representation in these channels.
We provide a powerful team of experienced, knowledgeable, engaged and resourceful representatives who will work until the job is done! King’s mandate is to be “Your Brand Champion”. We will do whatever it takes to grow your sales and ensure your products are “front of mind” with the buyer and “front of shelf” at the stores.
- Complete account management, including head office, regional office and individual dealer calls and support.
- Line reviews, new product introductions and implementation of promotional programs and campaigns.
- Training and product knowledge at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstration, contractor event, home show and trade show participation and support.
- Marketing support, including storing and installing “point of purchase” materials.
- Exploring all opportunities to increase sales and share of shelf.
- Market analysis including price shops and competitive reviews.
YOUR BRAND CHAMPION
In a retail marketplace dominated by the presence of private label and proprietary store brands King Marketing is committed to be “Your Brand Champion”.
King Marketing will ensure:
- Your brand is front of mind with your target customer base both nationally and regionally.
- Your brand position is optimized at the store level.
- Your brands are being promoted and advertised, your support and collateral materials are being used extensively and the customer and the consumer are fully informed of the features and benefits of your brand.
MARKETING YOUR PRODUCTS
With an experienced team of national account managers, regional sales representatives and local merchandisers King provides a comprehensive team approach to marketing our represented manufacturer’s products. Because of the size of the King team geographical challenges are minimized and “windshield” time is kept at a minimum ensuring maximum face to face time at head office and more importantly at the individual store level where the battle for maximum shelf space is our priority.
The King team will:
- Present and sell your products at the buyer level at head office.
- Continually promote the features and benefits of your products and brand position at all levels of the distributor or retail organization.
- Develop in cooperation with our represented manufacturer’s promotional calendars and advertising schedules.
- Proactively manage the account by introducing new products and programs at the same time making recommendations for products that should be replaced.
- Implement best practice plan-o-grams at the store level.
- Use all available point of purchase materials to enhance the probability of sale and to inform and educate the customer.
- Continually stimulate activity through training, demo and event support.
- Look for every opportunity to enhance sales opportunities on the store floor by implementing stack outs, end caps, clip strips and cross merchandising opportunities.
Product Knowledge is essential in today’s retail marketplace. As your brand champion the unique features and benefits of your products have to be continually presented to the retail market.
King’s highly experienced and genuinely motivated representatives will:
- Take every opportunity to mentor, teach and train store personnel.
- Look at conducting a product knowledge session as an opportunity not a burden.
- Perform impromptu training sessions on every call if at all possible.
- Use all means at our disposal to provide information to better inform customers of our represented manufacturer’s products features and benefits.
SALES AND EVENT SUPPORT
- To increase customer exposure for your brand King Marketing sales representatives in conjunction with a team of demonstrators will provide front line support at trade shows, home shows, industry events, contractor events and other in store events to promote, market and sell your products.
- King Marketing participates in industry shows both in Canada and Internationally such as the WRLA, ABSDA, Buildex, STAFDA, IDS, IBS, KBIS, and National Hardware Shows. In addition, King Marketing participates actively on behalf of our manufacturers at customer shows including Home Hardware, Rona, Orgill, Timber Mart, Federated Co-op, Ace, TruServ and Canadian Tire on a national basis.
- On a regional basis, King Marketing’s local representatives are active in customer shows such as Kent, BMR, LORDCO, Acklands-Grainger, Peavey, Can-Save, McMunn & Yates, KMS and BMR to name a few. We also recognise the importance of in-store events and King representatives and demonstrators will take part in in-store demos on weekends.
- This is an integral part of the services we offer and provides opportunities for staff and customers to be exposed to our factories brands and product offerings.
King Marketing utilizes the services of Pick-See Data Management and Reporting Solutions. Pick-See provides a secure web based password protected portal that is accessible 24 / 7 by our representatives, our managers and most importantly our represented manufacturers.
- A real time reporting system for King’s sales and service representatives to report and showcase every call and activity carried on behalf of our represented manufacturers.
- A tool to create tasks and mandates for the sales and service teams.
- The ability to push these tasks out to the field with instructions and attachments.
- The functionality to pull all the information back in the form of reports, photo and survey summaries.
- A fully interactive menu in order to slice and dice the data and view specific projects and tasks and their progress.