- Delta Faucets were losing market share at a national box store retailer to a major competitor.
- Delta were seeking increased brand exposure through targeted Product Knowledge (PK) training of store associates.
- Delta also lacked the increased sales opportunities from not having products merchandised effectively in off-shelf positions.
- King’s representatives provided comprehensive training, conducted demonstrations and replenished parts kits in the stores.
- The King reps leveraged their strong relationships at the store level to secure non-mandated clip strips, stack outs and end caps.
- In the last 12 months 2,369 associates and customers were given Product Knowledge training on Delta faucets features and benefits.
- With increased knowledge and confidence store associates now recommend Delta faucets to prospective customers.
- King reps secured 23 non-mandated end caps for Delta, some of which have been in place for over one year. Reps also negotiated positions for numerous Delta stack outs and hand shower clip strips.
- Schlage locksets were seeking increased brand exposure at a major box store retailer.
- Schlage wanted the store associates to be knowledgeable brand champions.
- Schlage wanted displays to be properly maintained and assistance provided for in-store events during the year.
- Schlage’s goal was to achieve Point of Sale (POS) growth in excess of 10% within 12 months.
- King reps provided Product Knowledge (PK) training to store associates.
- King reps ensured displays were functioning and maintained.
- King reps worked numerous contractor events throughout the year.
- King reps worked to reduce “Return to Vendor” (RTV) rates.
- PK’s provided to 4700 associates in 1 year.
- Kept all displays in top notch working order.
- Reduced RTV rates from over 6% to under 3%.
- Achieved 11% POS growth in sales.
- Lutron required Product Knowledge (PK) training to be executed at 120 retailer locations across Canada with a short window of just over one month to support the launch of their Caseta wireless product and Smart Bridge wireless hub.
- King Brand Ambassadors trained the retailers associates within the Home Connected Solutions Dept, as well as surrounding areas, on the features and benefits of these products to drive sales in this new category.
- The store management and staff were very appreciative of the training they received. Many commented that they don’t often receive training in this category and wished that they did.
- Some staff told us that they avoided this area previously due to lack of knowledge but now felt comfortable selling the Lutron brand with the knowledge that the King team had provided.
- ClosetMaid had gained 24 feet of new laminate closet business at a national big box retailer.
- The retailer was going to take over 6 months to execute the project and ClosetMaid did not want to wait that long so they contracted King Marketing to facilitate the reset.
- King Brand Ambassadors and Management worked closely with the retailers head office and store personnel to execute this project quickly and efficiently with no disruption to the stores operations.
- In 5 weeks King Brand Ambassadors were able to setup 24 linear feet of display product and Point of Purchase (POP) material in all stores across Canada.
- Over 100 Product Knowledge (PK) sessions were provided to staff on the new program with an emphasis on the features and benefits of the ClosetMaid product.
- Bosch required 63 retailer Pro Desk areas to be reset in a 4 week period.
- The retailers internal merchandising team was unable to complete this task for a number of months due to other priorities.
- Working with Bosch, King quickly put together a specialized team that was dedicated to the task and completed the project in under a month.
- Our regular team also provided PK’s on the various new tools to the Pro Desk staff.
- The newly refreshed sets had a huge impact on sales and began to immediately sell out at several locations.
“Your ability to get organized, execute, and stay focused was remarkable and shows how King Marketing truly believes in Bosch and this initiative. The retailers buyer was calling me almost daily and was very impressed on how your team executed the project so quickly and professionally. As a result of this the retailer wants to start looking at this pro desk set-up nationally!”